My Finished Edit; Cocorosie - By Your Side

Sunday 13 November 2011

22. Casting

My video has two main characters and one brief background character. When casting my characters I had to think carefully about how they looked and what would fit with the tone and theme of my video.

Chosen Cast 

The Girl

                                         

Maud Start; The reason I chose Maud as the main girl as she fits the look I want for my video. She has a light hearted sort of look but can also look mysterious which is vital to the story within my video. Within the genre of freak folk the characters often look this way; not particularly outrageous, soft look. This is a reference to the folk side of the genre. Folk musicians will have people with this look in their videos. Maud has previously taken drama as well which helps for creating a convincing character. Maud is 18 years old which is a perfect age for the girl and also lives in Findhorn where i wish to shoot my film which is a bonus.

The Child




Kai Johnson; For this role I have chosen my little brother Kai. Kai is 8 years old which is a perfect age for the child as this is old enough to act without being distracted but young enough to still be seen as a child. His blond hair and blue eyes portray innocence and he has a young yet inelegant look about him. He is my little brother so this means that he is easy to get hold of which is good for simplicity's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment