My Finished Edit; Cocorosie - By Your Side

Monday 10 October 2011

13. Institutions which might produce, distribute and exhibit my video.

After researching the major institutions I decided it was necessary to start researching independent institutions, particularly looking at ones which promote their videos through youtube as my audience does not get their music through methods such as TV because they commonly do not like mainstream music. Searching YouTube is a much more common way for my audience to collect music.

4AD Records is an independent record label who has a much more independent selection of artists such as The National and Tune Yards. These sort of artists are much more similar to my target audience and by having my video on the same channel as them automatically targets my audience with minimal effort.


 They have a youtube channel and use youtube as a source of exhibition. This is more the direction I would go in with my video. If my video was on this youtube channel it would be aiming directly at my target audience. The people who go onto this channel to look at bands they like may come across my video which is a similar genre so it is likely that they would like it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment