My Finished Edit; Cocorosie - By Your Side

Friday 9 March 2012

My Album Release Date Advert


I have created my own Album release date advert in the form of a poster. In my poster I went for a simplistic yet conventional layout so that it is familiar. As an advert simplicity is important as adverts are often only glanced over so the main features must be bold and large to stand out.

I have used conventional methods of marketing such as star image. The person in the poster is the same as on the Digipak and in the video which means that the face will already be familiar to fans.


In order to create synergy between all areas of marketing I have used the same font as I used for my Digipak and the same font through out. The Digipak also uses lots of bright colours so in my advert I reflected this by involving lots of bright colours as well.

I have used reliable sources of information such as NME in order to promote the album further. I have also added two website addresses in case fans are interested and want to know more.


I have stuck to the genre of Freak-Folk by having a conventional Folk image which shows someone looking very natural and honest and mixed this with bright colouring to give it a twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment